The Cleveland Women's Basketball team participated in the Mount Olive Jamboree on Friday July 23, 2010. This was the 1st scrimmage for our new program. The Lady Rams played three games vs. Hobbton, River Mill and Havelock. Hobbton is a annually in the running for a playoff spot. River Mill is one of the states top 1A teams and Havelock was a 3A Eastern Regional participant last season.
While summer camp doesn't really count for much it does give the players and coaches an idea of what a team can do in November. However this was a really important day for the beginning of our program as we played two teams to a three-point loss. While River Mill introduced us to high school varsity basketball, I really liked the fight I saw in our team fought back as we never gave up and nearly pulled out 2 wins at the end of the other two games.
I can't wait until November as I am sure we will add some other players to the core unit we currently have and will round out our team.
Go Lady Rams!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.