The Cleveland Lady Rams found themselves ahead of West Johnson in their first game. Midway through the second quarter Cleveland led 13-8. West finished the half on a 9-0 run to lead at the half by a 17-13 count.
"I thought we started the game very well, said coach Chris Danehower. We had a lot of energy early and I think West was a little surprised."
The final tally was decided in the third quarter as West changed defenses and were able to make Cleveland do something different. West outscored Cleveland 11-4 in the third quarter to take control of the game.
The teams both scored six in the final stanza and West pulled out a 34-24 win.
"Overall I feel like we competed the entire game, had good shots that did not go down, but overall I really liked out effort and tenacity. We had some stretches that we could have played more consistently and taken better shots."
Deanna Robertson collected a game high 12 rebounds to go with her two baskets and Courtney Ireland finished with 8 points and 5 rebounds for the Lady Rams.
The Rams will travel to Princeton tomorrow night for a 5:00 tipoff.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.